Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Helpful Hints - Saving yourself some time and money

Porterhouse steak - frozen Pictures, Images and Photos

photo courtesty of photobucket

Do you ever go shopping and see those mega-packs of meat? I love that you can get them for a better price than if you're just buying a small pack of the same type of meat. Unless you've got a really big family, you probably aren't going to use the whole package at once though. Freezing the meat is a great option, but it's also a way to save some time for yourself in the future.

How?

Put the meat in a plastic zipper bag with some marinade before you throw it in the freezer. Now when you go to thaw your meat later, you're marinating it at the same time. I don't know about you, but I like to marinate meats for a good long time to really get the flavor going, so this works really nicely for that.

Photobucket


Also, if you like to make your own marinade, you can just pour the ingredients into the plastic bag before putting your meat in, give it a good shake (after zipping the bag), and save yourself from having to wash a bowl afterward. And really? Who wants more dishes to wash?

Photobucket



5 comments:

Casey said...

We do this! It's a big time saver and clean up saver.

p.s. It's a good thing my name isn't Pati. My verification word is fatspati. How rude! lol

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohhh I love this idea! Smart people rock.

Mindy said...

What a brilliant idea! Thanks!

I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Loved reading your story about your precious 8-yr-old miracle. She's beautiful!

Melanie said...

What a great tip! I had no idea this would work!

Blessings,
Melanie

Helen said...

Great idea! My husband loves his steak marinated in teriaki sauce, but I rarely ever do it for him. Won't he be surprised when I do this!